How the Reliance Rental Program Helps Retirement Homes & Other Family Support Centres8 min readReading Time: 6 minutes
RelianceTM Commercial Solutions helps Canadian retirement homes and other family resource and support centres minimize downtime, free up capital for more critically needed investments or injections of capital and create more comfortable conditions for residents, families, visitors, staff and caregivers. With flexible rental and financing options, 800+ licensed HVAC & water heater technicians, installers, electricians and plumbers, around-the-clock customer service and a 4-hour on-site service response*, we provide the expertise and peace of mind needed to keep these essential facilities running smoothly.
For an industry made up of individuals and facilities dedicated to delivering exceptional in-person care, retirement homes, continuing care centres, family resource centres, support centres and other facilities have recently had to deal with unprecedented circumstances. Normal operations, caregiving procedures and access to resources have been greatly affected as new public health and safety measures have been implemented over the course of the year. From staffing, testing and contact tracing to providing proper PPE, adhering to IPAC (Infection Prevention and Control Canada) sanitation standards and ensuring proper physical distancing wherever applicable, site managers have had to navigate new responsibilities on top of their normal duties.
With all of these logistical adjustments and new procedures designed to keep staff, residents, visitors and those in need of care safe, the last thing these facilities should have to worry about are issues relating to water heating and HVAC systems or plumbing and electrical. Aside from leading to avoidable downtime and operational issues, malfunctioning equipment can be expensive to repair and can create less than optimal conditions for everyone on-site.
At RelianceTM, we understand these challenges and want to help these centres prepare themselves for the operational uncertainties ahead. And because of our service offering, we make it easier to act now, and improve operations going forward. The value for retirement homes, family resource and support centres is clear:
The Reliance Rental Program gives you access to best-in-class equipment for one predictable monthly payment that covers ongoing service and repair costs. That way, you need not worry about large, unforeseen repair, maintenance and service costs that come with owning your own equipment. It’s a program that frees up time, frees up capital, provides greater cost certainty and gives you access to the quality service you need, when you need it.
Read on to learn more about three ways our services make us the perfect partner to keep your operations running smoothly.
1. Our buyback program can help you free up financial resources for other investments and unforeseen expenses
For family support centres and retirement homes, this has been a year of financial and operational uncertainty unlike any other. Aside from keeping up with normal operating costs, the ongoing public health situation has made it necessary, especially in facilities where patrons and staff come into such close contact, to invest in ongoing precautionary equipment such as partitions, dividers, additional cleaning equipment, sanitizers, PPE and more. To help offset these additional expenses, Reliance offers our Buyback Program.
Exclusive to Reliance Commercial Solutions, our buyback program is a way for facilities that own their water heating or HVAC equipment to have Reliance assume ownership of the equipment and continue to maintain it. They can then rent the equipment from Reliance and reinvest that capital where they see fit. If the equipment meets the right criteria, they could be eligible to earn thousands of dollars for the equipment in question. Here’s how it works:
1. First, determine how old your equipment is. You may qualify if:
- Your water heater is six years old or less
- Your boiler is eight years old or less
- Your furnace unit is ten years old or less
2. Next, arrange for one of our qualified technicians to inspect your equipment to ensure that it meets all the necessary requirements.
3. If your equipment meets the necessary requirements, we will calculate the buyback amount in one of two ways:
- If you have the proof of purchase and installation, we will use this full amount to calculate the total buyback amount, or
- If you no longer have the proof of purchase on file, we will be happy to provide you with a quote based on the cost of our own equipment.
The Reliance Buyback Program also presents owners and operators with an opportunity to enter into a far more convenient and stress-free arrangement when it comes to their HVAC systems and water heater. After the buyback is complete, you can rent your equipment from Reliance and take advantage of:
- Guaranteed 4-Hour Service Call Response Time*: In the event of a heating or cooling equipment breakdown our priority is to get you back in business as soon as possible.
- No Capital Outlays: Most replacements won’t cost you a cent, allowing you to hold onto more capital during this difficult time.
- One Number to Call: We pride ourselves on offering the easiest, most convenient and accessible service in the industry.
- No Extra Repair Costs: Ongoing service and repair costs (including parts and labour) are included in your monthly payment.
- Qualified Team of Experts: We work with hundreds of licensed technicians and affiliated partners to provide the service you need when you need it.
2. We’ll minimize downtime stemming from broken equipment, unplanned service calls and repairs
Unexpected downtime resulting from broken equipment is never optimal. But now, as retirement homes and essential support and resource centres are trying to still deliver amazing care despite new and unforeseen obstacles, downtime can be even more detrimental. Given that these facilities are still trying to navigate and plan for ongoing uncertainties, they shouldn’t have to face unnecessary or unplanned downtime or even shutdowns due to a faulty water heating or HVAC system, a plumbing issue or electrical problems.
When you rent your water heater or HVAC through Reliance, you can rely on our 800+ licensed technicians and national service team to get your equipment back up and running as quickly as possible. One monthly bill covers regular maintenance, service and repairs, including parts and labour.
Reliance Commercial Services is also pleased to offer maintenance and protection plans to our commercial clients with coverage starting at 50 cents per day after tax. These plans require no pre-inspection and cover a wide range of repairs and services. With our heating and cooling protection plan, for example, you can count on:
- Live telephone support 24/7, 365 days of the year
- 4-hour service response*
- Most parts and labour included
- No deductible
To learn more about the various maintenance and protection plans we offer, click here.
3. We can help keep your essential equipment running smoothly, so you can focus on delivering exceptional care and support
At a time when caregivers, family members and residents are all collectively dealing with a stressful situation and, in some cases, significant alterations to their care and daily routines, creating a consistently comfortable, sanitary environment should be a priority. And while PPE, rigorous adherence to public health measures and a high degree of professionalism and support are all instrumental to creating this environment, so too is a facility that operates seamlessly.
- Having the right HVAC unit installed creates comfortable internal temperatures and eliminates hot and cold pockets.
- Indoor air quality and proper circulation can lead to cleaner air for your patrons and staff.
- Properly-functioning electrical and plumbing keep facilities running safely, sanitarily and lead to an overall better experience.
- The right water heating system helps with maintaining clean, sanitary conditions for everybody on-site.
Indoor Air Quality
Indoor air quality (IAQ) refers to the quality of air within the facilities we spend time in. It can affect the health, comfort and well-being of you, your clients and your staff. Here’s what you need to know to get started:
Heat Recovery Ventilator (HRV) and Energy Recovery Ventilator (ERV): To improve your indoor air quality is to improve your ventilation and provide more clean outside air to your indoor workspace. Adding a heat recovery ventilator (HRV) or energy recovery ventilator (ERV) can supply clean, fresh air, and recover most of the heat and humidity (ERV only) from the exhaust air.
Our IAQ systems can work with your existing furnace or can be bundled with a new HVAC system. Contact us today to learn more about our expert installation services* and about the other indoor air quality systems we offer.
When you choose to rent or finance an HVAC unit with Reliance Commercial Services, you’re choosing an industry leader who consistently leverages the right expertise and technology to serve your specific needs in areas like HVAC, hot water, electrical services and plumbing. We supply a variety of makes and models from top manufacturers that will help you create optimal conditions for your unique infrastructural requirements.
Contact Reliance today and partner with a leading equipment and service provider
There’s no doubt that retirement homes, family resource centres and other essential support centres across Canada have faced challenging times. And even though these facilities are going through uncertain times full of new obstacles, now is the time to take active steps towards greater financial and operational certainty. As a reliable, experienced partner, Reliance is here to help these essential facilities better navigate future uncertainty by reducing downtime, freeing up useful capital, establishing greater cost certainty and creating comfortable conditions for everyone.
*Rental and protection benefits including service response time, included repair and replacement costs and buyback are subject to rental program terms and conditions. Standard installation at no charge. Some additional charges may apply in certain cases (e.g. code-required venting).