3 Ways We Help Medical Offices Upgrade Their Facilities & Look Out for the Bottom Line9 min readReading Time: 7 minutes
RelianceTM Commercial Solutions helps Canadian medical offices, dental clinics and other facilities avoid downtime, free up capital for more critically needed investments or injections of capital and create more comfortable conditions for patients and staff. With flexible rental and financing options, 800+ licensed HVAC & water heater technicians, installers, electricians and plumbers, around-the-clock customer service and a 4-hour on-site service response*, we provide the expertise and peace of mind needed to keep these essential facilities running smoothly.
Medical offices, dental clinics, optometrist’s offices and similar facilities have recently adopted and adjusted to a number of crucial health, safety and operational measures to keep patients and staff as safe as possible. As expected, these adjustments have resulted in novel challenges that these facilities have had to overcome. To get a sense of just some of these logistical adjustments, consider the following guidelines released by the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario1:
- Appointments will be spaced out to allow physical distancing and disinfecting between patients. This might mean less flexibility when scheduling your appointment.
- You will be asked to wear a mask or face covering while in the office except during treatment.
- Medical staff will be wearing more PPE than normal.
- The waiting room will not be open to everyone. Chairs will be spaced two metres (or six feet) apart. There will be no magazines, toys, or any other non-essential items in the office.
- Patients must clean their hands with a 70- to 90-per cent alcohol-based solution or soap and water.
- Bathrooms will likely be closed to patients.
- Plan to pay by touchless payment, such as credit card or Interac.
With all of these logistical adjustments, new procedures and unexpected capital expenditures, the last thing these facilities should have to worry about are issues relating to their water heating and HVAC systems or plumbing and electrical. Aside from leading to avoidable downtime and operational issues, malfunctioning equipment can be expensive to repair and can create less than optimal conditions for everybody on-site.
At RelianceTM, we understand these challenges and want to help medical offices prepare themselves for the operational uncertainties ahead. And because of our service offering, we make it easier to act now, get prepared and improve operations. The value for medical offices and clinics is clear:
The Reliance Rental Program gives you access to best-in-class equipment for one predictable monthly payment that covers ongoing service and repair costs. That way, you need not worry about large, unforeseen repair, maintenance and service costs that come with owning your own equipment. It’s a program that frees up time, frees up capital, provides greater cost security and gives you efficient access to the service you need, when you need it.
Read on to learn more about three ways our services make us the perfect partner to keep your operations running smoothly.
1. Our buyback program can help you free up financial resources for other investments and unforeseen expenses
Aside from keeping up with normal operating costs, the ongoing public health situation has made it necessary (especially in medical offices, where patients and staff come into such close contact) to invest in ongoing precautionary equipment such as quality PPE, additional cleaning supplies, hand sanitizers, partitions, dividers and more. Plus, social distancing and the need for additional time between appointments to allow for cleaning and disinfection has created a situation where clinics and offices are not booking as many appointments as before. To help these offices offset these additional expenses and a potential dip in revenue, we offer the Reliance Buyback Program.
Exclusive to Reliance Commercial Solutions, our buyback program is a way for facilities that own water heating or HVAC equipment to have Reliance assume ownership of the equipment and continue to maintain it. They can then rent the equipment from Reliance and reinvest that capital where they see fit. If the equipment meets the right criteria, they could be eligible to earn thousands of dollars for the equipment in question. Here’s how it works:
1. First, determine how old your equipment is. You may qualify if:
- Your water heater is six years old or less
- Your boiler is eight years old or less
- Your furnace unit is ten years old or less
2. Next, arrange for one of our qualified technicians to inspect your equipment to ensure that it meets all the necessary requirements.
3. If your equipment meets the necessary requirements, we will calculate the buyback amount in one of two ways:
- If you have the proof of purchase and installation, we will use this full amount to calculate the total buyback amount, or
- If you no longer have the proof of purchase on file, we will be happy to provide you with a quote based on the cost of our own equipment.
The Reliance Buyback Program also presents owners and operators with an opportunity to enter into a far more convenient and stress-free arrangement when it comes to their HVAC systems and water heater. After the buyback is complete, you can rent your equipment from Reliance and take advantage of:
- Guaranteed 4-Hour Service Call Response Time*: In the event of a heating or cooling equipment breakdown our priority is to get you back in business as soon as possible.
- No Capital Outlays: Most replacements won’t cost you a cent, allowing you to hold onto more capital during this difficult time.
- One Number to Call: We pride ourselves on offering the easiest, most convenient and accessible service in the industry.
- No Extra Repair Costs: Ongoing service and repair costs (including parts and labour) are included in your monthly payment.
- Qualified Team of Experts: We work with hundreds of licensed technicians and affiliated partners to provide the service you need when you need it.
2. We’ll minimize downtime stemming from broken equipment, unplanned service calls and repairs
Unexpected downtime resulting from broken equipment is never optimal. But now, as medical and dental practices are trying to maintain a high level of service and care during an unpredictable time, downtime can be even more detrimental. Given that these facilities are still trying to navigate and plan for ongoing uncertainties, they shouldn’t have to face unnecessary or unplanned downtime or even shutdowns due to a faulty water heating or HVAC system, a plumbing issue or electrical problems.
When you rent your water heater and HVAC through Reliance, you can rely on our 800+ licensed technicians and national service team to get your equipment back up and running as quickly as possible. One monthly bill covers regular maintenance, service and repairs, including parts and labour.
Reliance Commercial Services is also pleased to offer maintenance and protection plans to our commercial clients with coverage starting at 50 cents per day after tax. These plans require no pre-inspection and cover a wide range of repairs and services. With our heating and cooling protection plan, for example, you can count on:
- Live telephone support 24/7, 365 days of the year
- 4-hour service response*
- Most parts and labour included
- No deductible
To learn more about the various maintenance and protection plans we offer, click here.
3. We can help keep your essential equipment running smoothly, so you can focus on delivering exceptional services
At a time when dentists, medical assistants, patients and essential staff are all collectively dealing with a stressful situation that has significantly altered their ability to receive and deliver quality care, creating a consistently comfortable, sanitary environment should be a priority. And while PPE, rigorous adherence to public health measures and a high degree of professionalism and support are all instrumental to creating this environment, so too is a facility that operates seamlessly.
When medical offices swap out old HVAC and water heater equipment and upgrade highly efficient rental units, they are investing in mechanical equipment solutions that lead to better facility performance and reduced operating costs down the line. Plus, these systems are more eco-friendly, which can help to reduce a business’s carbon footprint.
- Having the right HVAC unit installed creates comfortable internal temperatures and eliminates hot and cold pockets.
- Indoor air quality and proper filtration can lead to cleaner air for your patients and staff.
- Properly-functioning electrical and plumbing keep facilities running safely, sanitarily and lead to an overall better experience.
- The right water heating system is more efficient and also helps with maintaining clean, sanitary conditions for everybody on-site.
Indoor Air Quality
Indoor air quality (IAQ) refers to the quality of air within the facilities we spend time in. It can affect the health, comfort and well-being of you, your clients and your staff. Here’s what you need to know to get started:
Heat Recovery Ventilator (HRV) and Energy Recovery Ventilator (ERV): To improve your indoor air quality is to improve your ventilation and provide more clean outside air to your indoor workspace. Adding a heat recovery ventilator (HRV) or energy recovery ventilator (ERV) can supply clean, fresh air, and recover most of the heat and humidity (ERV only) from the exhaust air.
Our IAQ systems can work with your existing furnace or can be bundled with a new HVAC system. Contact us today to learn more about our expert installation services* and about the other indoor air quality systems we offer.
When you choose to rent or finance an HVAC unit with Reliance Commercial Services, you’re choosing an industry leader who consistently leverages the right expertise and technology to serve your specific needs in areas like HVAC, hot water, electrical services and plumbing. We supply a variety of makes and models from high-end manufacturers that will help you create optimal conditions for your unique infrastructural requirements.
Contact Reliance today and partner with a leading equipment and service provider
There’s no doubt that medical offices across the country have faced challenges. And even though these facilities are going through uncertain times full of new obstacles, now is the time to take active steps towards greater financial and operational certainty. As a reliable, experienced partner, Reliance is here to help these essential facilities better navigate the future by reducing downtime, freeing up useful capital, establishing greater cost certainty and creating comfortable conditions for everyone.
1.Ontario Dental Association. COVID-19: “What to Expect at the Dental Office”
*Rental and protection plan benefits including service response time, included repair and replacement costs and buyback are subject to rental program terms and conditions. Standard installation at no charge. Some additional charges may apply in certain cases (e.g. code-required venting).