Home Improvement Spotlight: Thank goodness for tankless

Portrait of a girl who is standing under the shower and making a funny face because the water is cold

Whether your home improvement goal is to increase your family’s comfort or raise the resale value of your property, switching to a tankless water heater is a great idea. Not only does it use one-third less energy  than a conventional storage tank water heater, it’s also extremely space efficient and provides an endless supply of hot water.

Unlike traditional water heaters, which hold and heat large quantities of water, tankless systems heat water on demand using a heat exchanger. Activated by incoming water, the exchanger eliminates standby heat loss by efficiently heating cold water to a pre-set temperature as it is needed.

There are 3 big benefits to a tankless water heater:

1. Energy efficient : With today’s ever-increasing energy costs, home equipment designed for low-cost operation makes sense – and a lot of cents.
  2. Convenient: Tankless heaters usually take up less space than your typical carry-on suitcase so they fit practically anywhere. Plus, most models are designed and outfitted with modern digital displays and controls, making them exceptionally easy to use.
  3. Continuous: Cost-savings and size aside, maybe the best reason to switch to tankless is that it offers a continuous supply. The days of running out of hot water in the morning, because three other members of your family took showers before you, are over.

While tankless water heaters are considerably smaller than traditional water heaters, it’s still essential to consult a professional to have one installed – as well as to discuss the model best suited to the size of your household and particular lifestyle.

If you have any questions about how these innovative water heaters work, or if you’re interested in talking to a professional about improving your home with a tankless water heater, don’t hesitate to call or book a no-obligation in-home consultation.

And until September 30, 2017, make no monthly rental payments for 6 months or receive $1000 off a select tankless water heater with RelianceTM!* Click here or contact us for more details!

• Pat Fritzley April 20, 2017, 8:36 pm

What is the rental on the tankless water heater???

• admin April 21, 2017, 11:45 am

• John Tang April 20, 2017, 5:02 pm

I’m interested in tankless water heater, please email me more details on it, such as monthly rental fee and the cost of installation.
    Thank you.

• admin April 21, 2017, 11:48 am

Thanks John. Tankless rental rates start at $34.99/month. Please contact us at 1-866-RELIANCE or learn more by clicking here. Thank you for your interest! ~ RM

• Mary Kelly April 20, 2017, 4:43 pm

You really should specify that this offer is only available to those customers with natural or bottled gas installed. I have electric heating and had asked for an appointment to be set up. I never heard back and when I followed up I was informed that I could not have this water heating solution. I would have thought I could have had a call back when I replied to set up an appointment, this is not good public relations.

I am a long time customer of Reliance and I hope that you will look into an electric tankless solution for my area because there are many households that would welcome this.

Mary Kelly, Cloyne, ON

• admin April 21, 2017, 11:55 am

I’m sorry to hear about your experience, Mary. Unfortunately there is not an electric option available but we value the time taken to share this feedback. Thank you. ~ RM

• Syd Evans April 20, 2017, 4:23 pm

How much do these units cost to rent?

• admin April 21, 2017, 11:51 am

Hello Syd. Our tankless rental rates start at $34.99/month. Please feel free to contact us at 1-866-RELIANCE or learn more by clicking here. Thank you for your interest! ~ RM