Are you feeling the heat and you don’t have a working air conditioner? While living through the summer without air conditioning seems impossible it can be done. Try these simple tips to help you stay comfortable and cool when your AC cannot:
- Avoid using appliances that give off heat like the oven, dishwasher, computer and dryer until later in the day when it’s cooler outside.
- Don’t load your fridge and freezer with food and drinks, both appliances produce a lot of heat.
- Move to the lowest level of your home, as hot air rises.
- Close drapes and blinds of your home; use white drapes, dark drapes heat up easily.
- Close windows during the day to keep hot air outside and open them at night.
- Don’t shower cold! It seems refreshing, cold water closes your pores though and activates your body heating.
- Put your feet in a bucket with cold water, this helps to cool your body down.
- Drink plenty of water, even if you don’t feel thirsty.
- Avoid drinks with caffeine or alcohol.
- Reduce strenuous activities to avoid exhaustion.
Now it’s your turn. Share your tips below in the comment section for staying cool this summer and for your chance to win a $100.00 3V VISA Prepaid Voucher.
WE’RE NOT COMFORTABLE UNTIL YOU ARE™