Nothing is more important to the comfort of your home than your HVAC system. The long cold Canadian winter requires a furnace that is in peak operating condition and proper maintenance will help ensure that you do not experience a breakdown when the temperature dips below freezing. A professional tune up will also help extend the life of your HVAC system, which means you can avoid a large expenditure on a new furnace.
In addition to having your HVAC system serviced by a professional in the spring and fall, there are things that you should be doing on your own to help extend the life of your HVAC system.
- Make sure that your heating vents and return vents are not blocked by furniture.
- Clean the grates of the vents regularly to avoid a build-up of dust and dirt.
- Change the air filter in the furnace as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Run a mixture of bleach and water through the condensate drain on furnace to avoid clogs.
- Check to make sure the vent pipe to the outside of your home is not blocked by leaves or snow.
- Check to make sure the outside condenser unit is clean and free of any vegetation.
Reliance Home Comfort has specially trained technicians who are skilled at helping you extend the life of your HVAC system. The service professional will go through a 30 point inspection when they come to your home to perform maintenance.
The maintenance is not only important to extend the life of your HVAC system but for the safety of your family as well. The inspection will include searching for dangerous leaks of natural gas or carbon monoxide which could put the lives of your loved ones at risk.