Should You Invest in a Tankless Water Heater for Your Home?

In an effort to conserve energy for both the environment and personal savings, switching to a tankless water heater can be a smart move. As with any major decision, learning about tankless heaters work and in what homes they work best in is a good idea.

How Tankless Water Heaters Work

These new heaters are installed directly on your existing water line, usually close to the most commonly used water outlets. When you need hot water, instead of getting it from a tank, they heat the water passing by using fuel. You have a variety of options for fuel during installation, ranging from natural gas to electricity.

The biggest potential issue of tankless heaters is that they can really only generate enough hot water for one or two taps at a time. If you have a large home you may need more than one unit, or even a more powerful whole-house tankless heater.

Why Switch to Tankless?

There are many advantages you get when you install a tankless heater:

1. Long lasting. Due to the simplicity of its operation, a tankless heater can outlast a storage tank unit by up to 10 years.

2. Virtually unlimited hot water. While storage tank heaters are limited by the size of the tank, tankless water heaters can keep providing hot water as long as there is fuel.

3. Energy savings. When water sits in a tank it can lose heat through the walls. Water is only heated as needed with a tankless option, so none is wasted.

4. Small. For a homeowner in a tight space, having a giant storage tank isn’t convenient. A tankless heater on the other hand often fits under a shelf or in a closet.

Figuring out if a tankless water heater is appropriate for your home is an important step that will determine the benefits you get from it. Consult with an HVAC professional to get an accurate answer.

What tankless system is right for you? Discover all your options and order online by clicking right here!

• Randy May 19, 2014, 10:08 am

Hello,
    I have a rental home with 5 students.
    I currently have a power vent gas hot water tank.
    Is there a tankless water heater that can handle the demand from 5 female students?
    Thank you.

• Kevin J. Harrison May 17, 2014, 11:12 pm

I currently rent a hot water tank from you and would like to switch to a tankless system or buy my current hot water heater. Which would be the better option?

• admin May 21, 2014, 4:27 pm

Hello Kevin,

I will gladly have someone from our sales team contact you to discuss your options. You can send more information to me at rmassingham@reliancecomfort.com. Thanks . ~ Rich

• Mike Copland May 17, 2014, 10:06 pm

Is this tankless water heater system something that can be rented like my current water tank? If so what is the price difference?

• fraser wilson May 17, 2014, 10:05 pm

Hi, we bought a home in Rosedale Brampton last March 2013 this will be built so i am told in Oct. 2014, my agreement is a deal with your company on a rental water heater, my question is , can we convert to tankless without a penalty on the new home ? yours truly, Fraser

• admin May 21, 2014, 4:29 pm

I will gladly have someone from our sales department contact you to provide more information Fraser. You can email me at rmassingham@reliancecomfort.com. Thanks. ~ Rich

• laurie May 17, 2014, 4:50 pm

please quote a price for a tankless water heater

• Jo Anne Daigle May 16, 2014, 6:45 pm

I want to switch from electric anyway….so, I want to look at all my options…..tankless or with tank but heated by natural gas.

• admin May 21, 2014, 4:34 pm

I’m happy to help Jo Anne. Please provide me with more info at rmassingham@reliancecomfort.com and I will have someone from our sales team contact you. Thanks. ~ Rich

• Michael Lyle May 16, 2014, 6:25 pm

We are interested in having tankless for our building. There are several units all rented commercially so the most hot water is used in washing hands and occasionally dishes. I think a tankless system could save us in the long run. Do you rent them? How much? I would be interested in calculating some potential savings. Would you have an average of what it costs to use a really old 60-80litre electric tank plus a 189L gas heated tank. I imagine the average usage would be 20-30L per day.

• John Spring May 16, 2014, 7:55 am

I just got a new lease on a water heater from your company. Can I switch to a tankless heater under that plan?