Your air conditioner is one of the most hardworking pieces of equipment in your home. In the hot and humid weather, they hum day and night to make your life comfortable. In the process, they gather a thick layer of dust particles that clog the air filter and their moving parts suffer wear and tear through constant use. To keep your air conditioner functioning efficiently, you need to have it repaired and serviced regularly.
Here are 5 signs you need air conditioning service to keep your system running smoothly:
- Your air conditioner won’t switch on: If your air conditioner stops working and you can’t switch it on, then it’s a clear sign that it needs to be repaired or replaced. But before jumping to any conclusions, check the power connections and fuses. If they seem OK, call an HVAC technician to have it checked. Often, a simple repair and servicing is enough to restore it to good working condition. But if it still refuses to start, then you will have no alternative but to replace it with a new one.
- Switching your air conditioner on makes the circuit breaker trip: There are two reasons that the circuit breaker trips when you switch on the air conditioner. The first is that there is a short circuit inside the unit and the second is that the electrical system is unable to handle the sudden power surge. Of course, you won’t be able to use your air conditioner if it makes the circuit breaker trip every time. It is a clear sign that it needs repair and servicing.
- The air conditioner doesn’t respond to climatic temperature changes: All modern air conditioners are designed to respond to climatic temperature changes so that the room temperature remains optimal at all times. They turn on and off automatically in response to the change in room temperature and you can hear the difference by the presence and absence of a low humming noise. If your air conditioner seems to be working continually without turning on and off automatically, then there may be a problem with the thermostat. This is a clear sign that you need air conditioning repair.
- Your air conditioner makes too much noise: Today’s air conditioners are ultra-quiet machines that barely make any noise. But if your unit suddenly starts making a loud noise, it means that there is something wrong with it. This is a clear sign that it needs to be repaired and serviced immediately. Turn off your unit until it can be looked at by a professional air conditioning technician.
- Your electricity bill suddenly rises without any apparent reason: There can be several reasons for a sudden and unexpected increase in your electricity bill. A good place to start looking are the electrical appliances in your home that use the most energy. Your air conditioner is one them. If it hasn’t been serviced for a long time, its energy efficiency decreases and it consumes more electricity. So it is time to have your air conditioner checked and serviced.
Just like any other machines, an air conditioner can malfunction and break down without any warning. The only way to make sure that it will work efficiently and last many years is to have it repaired and serviced regularly by qualified HVAC technicians. Having been in the business for over 40 years, Reliance Home Comfort is one of the best air conditioning service providers in Canada.