Maintaining your HVAC system is important to its longevity. Repairs and replacements are costly. Having a professional perform annual service checks on your HVAC gets you ready for the upcoming season and assures your home will have heat now and cool air as summer approaches. There are many reasons to have this tune-up and several elements that will be checked.
Heating and cooling a home is a large cost for homeowners. Who wouldn’t want a system that runs as efficiently as possible? If you haven’t thought about the benefits that HVAC annual servicing checks will provide, here are a few:
- Maintain proper operation – Annual service to your HVAC system by a professional ensures it will run properly during the summer and winter months.
- Improved system efficiency and savings – A properly maintained HVAC system will run better and more efficiently by using less fuel. This increases the savings on heating and cooling your home.
- Extend the life of your system – With annual service to your HVAC system, you get increased life at about 20 percent, which is 5 years or more.
- Safe system operation – Servicing your HVAC system gives you piece of mind knowing it’ll work when you need it. You can also be sure that the system is clean and that all parts are working correctly.
- Avoid costly emergency repairs – By having the HVAC system serviced yearly, you won’t be surprised by parts that stop working. Small problems can become big problems when they aren’t dealt with right away.
The HVAC professional will be looking for several things when performing the annual service to your system, including:
- Properly installed and working electrical connections
- Thermostat settings at optimal point for efficiency
- Lubrication on moving parts
The specific A/C and heating components are also checked for compliance.