The onset of cold weather means the air is drier, which can cause respiratory problems and increased allergy symptoms for many people. Fortunately, a whole-house humidifier can help by providing relief and comfort to your family.
A whole-house humidifier is a permanent solution that is installed with your HVAC system. It is used year-round and works to bring the humidity in your home to manageable levels, resulting in a comfortable home for you and your loved ones.
If you don’t already have a whole-house humidifier, here are the top five reasons you should consider installing one today:
- Whole-house humidifiers ease respiratory infections that form due to dry air circulating throughout your home.
- Skin problems result from low levels of humidity. So, if you’re suffering from itchy skin when the air turns cold and dry outside then the easiest way to fix the problem is to invest in a whole-house humidifier that will increase the moisture levels in your home.
- Rake in the advantages of saving energy with a whole-house humidifier by having the ability to keep your thermostat at a lower temperature when the nights get chilly during spring. This is possible since moist air feels warmer than dry air.
- A humidifier will provide the right amount of moisture to prevent damage to wood floors, fixtures and furniture resulting from air that is too dry Cracks may form in furniture, floors and walls when dry air sucks the moisture from the surfaces that need it.
- Whole-house humidifiers replace the need for smaller, portable units that need regular cleaning and constant refilling of water.
Want to learn more about the advantages of a whole-house humidification system? The knowledgeable staff at Reliance Home Comfort will be happy to answer any questions you may have about how a whole-house humidifier works. Contact us today to find out how to save money and enhance the comfort level in your home this winter.