Reliance Eco-Summer Challenge – Daily Draw #1

Welcome back everyone! We have officially kicked off the Reliance Eco-Summer Challenge and over the next few weeks our goal is to share and discuss ways we can keep cool, save money and reduce our impact on the environment in the process. Be sure to join us daily for ideas, discussions and more chances to win.

If you haven’t been to our facebook page, be sure to do so and when you do, make sure you enter for your chance at our iPad Grand Prize – just click on the Eco-Summer Challenge tab. The big draw is July 19 but between now and then we’ll also be giving away 3V Visa Prepaid Vouchers as part of our daily challenges. Click here for complete Contest Rules & Regulations.

And now….the first winner in the Reliance Eco-Summer Challenge is – Laura Marshall. Congratulations! You’ve won a $30.00 3V Visa Prepaid Voucher! Please contact me at rmassingham@reliancecomfort.com to claim your prize.

To qualify for tomorrow’s draw, we want to know – How do you plan on reducing your water comsumption this summer? Share your thoughts now and as always, please share, like or tweet this post.

Nest-300x224-V1 RHC-HVAC-300x500

• Bill July 10, 2012, 10:45 am

I will not water my lawn, will shower at the gym when possible, wash my car less often.

• Laura July 10, 2012, 9:33 am

I plan on reducing my water consumption by doing two little things. When I need to run the tap for hot water I place a bucket in the sink to catch the extra water, I then use that water to water my plants. Also I give my dog fresh water daily, but if there is water left in the dish from the day before (it’s always clean, but I still like to give him fresh water daily) then I also use that water to water my plants. By doing these two things I save so much on my water bill, and I also make sure that I am not wasting water.

• Lori Sexton July 10, 2012, 5:31 am

I water my plants early morning so that it sinks into the ground rather than evaporates.

• Emily Ngo July 9, 2012, 11:11 pm

Wash a full load of dishes instead of a few at a time.

• cathy canton July 9, 2012, 10:48 pm

I am going to use the water I use to wash my lettuce, veggies and fruit for salads and meals, and water my tomato plants with that water.

• Lynda McDougall July 9, 2012, 9:16 pm

we only water every on even days :)

• Nancy July 9, 2012, 8:50 pm

No washing the car and getting rid of the lawn and replacing it with decorative stone or mulch.

• Elizabeth July 9, 2012, 8:33 pm

Not going to water the lawn.